Online backup is a process of frequently (or continuously) backing up data from your local hard drive(s) to highly secure data centers remotely over your Internet connection. It enables you to access your data from anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection. In the event that you lose a file, you can simply log into your backup account and restore your file to any computer.
You can get started with online backup and have all of your data protected in 3 simple steps…
- Step 1 - Create a Backup Account with a Vendor of your Choice
- The first thing you have to do is to create an account using an email and password.
- Step 2 - Download and Install the Backup Software for Your OS
- You will need to download and install the backup software for your OS so it can securely encrypt and backup your files to remote data centers.
- Step 3 - Customize, Schedule, and Run Your Backups
- You can then customize what files you want to backup, configure backup schedules, and then let the backup software take care of the rest.
Depending on how much files you are backing up, it can take days/weeks for the initial full backup. After that, your data is completely protected and stored in the cloud. You can confidently restore your files when disaster strikes, when your hard drive crashes, when your PC is stolen, etc…
Check out our online backup reviews to see which provider fits your needs best!
Online backup is a safeguard providing data management and protection for home users and businesses of any size. Backup today. Don't wait until your data is lost!